Retirees

Laws

Individuals liable for personal income tax
Personal Income Tax is a tax collected from the general public who have any type of income. Unless there are laws granting exemptions, they are subject to tax.
Land and building tax rates for foreigners residing in Thailand
The Condominium Act Amendment No. 4 B.E. 2551 allows foreigners to purchase and hold ownership of condominium units in Thailand up to 49% of the sales area of that project and the other 51% held by Thai individuals.
Ownership of real estate by foreigners in Thailand: Requesting ownership of a condominium unit
Under the Condominium Act 1979, which concerns freehold ownership, foreigners are permitted to own 49% of the total number of units in a building registered as a condominium.
Foreign property ownership in Thailand: Acquisition of real estate
Buying real estate in Thailand for foreigners is not difficult but it is a good idea to first understand the legal limitations on land ownership by foreigners in Thailand.
Ownership of real estate by foreigners in Thailand: Documents required for registration
The documents required for registration of property ownership by foreigners in Thailand can be divided into several parts.
Foreign ownership of land in Thailand: Ownership procedures
There is a process for foreigners to obtain land ownership in Thailand.
Land ownership by foreigners in Thailand: Acquisition of land
When foreigners want to stay in Thailand for a long time or want to stay after retirement, in addition to visa requirements that must be met,
Land ownership by foreigners in Thailand: Documents required for registration
Once you know in what cases foreigners can own land in Thailand, it is also important to prepare the required documents for registration.
Applying for a change of visa type to receive a retirement visa, for foreigners who want to stay in Thailand for a long time
Elderly foreigners aged 50 years old or more who want to change the type of visa to stay in Thailand long-term should follow the following steps to get a Non-immigrant “O” visa, i.e., a retirement visa.
Retirement visa documents for foreigners who want to stay in Thailand for one year
For Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay), or a retirement visa, that is issued to applicants who are 50 years of age or older and wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not more than one year.
Copyright 2022, The Government Public Relations Department
Web Traffic Statistics : 28,189,916